SuperSport.com News | Cycling
Monday, April 19, 2010
Hello to all the Wannabees
I have been overrun with e-mails regarding races (road and off road) so I have asked Michel to place the ‘posters’/links on the BLOGG. Locally there will be the first of the mountain bike series at Helderberg farm. See the info through the link or contact Petie.
Another worthwhile initiative is BEN. This is an initiative that we have had a look at and found to be worth supporting. They are running a circuit type race in Simonstown area with the exclusive aim to raise money to help getting the underprivileged to set up cycle shops and get youngsters to start riding bikes again. Try to get a few friends and let’s support this as a club.
There should be a link to BEN from the BUZZ site
I have not seen any results of races so I cannot report back
Our HILLCLIMB is in 2 weeks time. All is set and we `are looking forward to a lekka fun day on the 1st of MAY.
All the detail is on the BLOG
I have spent the weekend on a golf tour in Natal (you know those things John regularly attends!) but can now definitely state that cycling is cheaper and less frustrating. This of course does not mean that one cannot try again.
Make sure that you get one of the first long sleeve tops. We have made them and should be available from Pieter or Petie
MEMBERSHIP
Please remember to renew your 2010 membership. Contact Charles at charlesnesbitt@woolworths.co.za
Please put the blog address on your computer as a hotspot
http://www.wanna-b-team.blogspot.com/
Our official e-mail address is wannabteam@gmail.com
Yours in cycling
Danie Morkel
0845133246
morkelwade@telkomsa.net


