I came across these 2 Wannabees on day 2, perhaps you recognise them......Andre van der Merwe and Theo Scibante. They were not too happy at the time I reached them as Andre's power was too much for his chain whilst going up a short but steep section and they were in the process of fixing it. The photo was taken just after the repair was completed, needless to say the smiles were back.
Some of the locals seen along the way were: Ockie Kruger, Jack Ackerman, Julian Conrad, Billy Swiegers, Giso and Ingo von Petersdorf, Ralf Rudd, Andre van der Merwe, Theo Scibante, Dudley van Rensberg. If I have missed a few I apologise.
A huge thank you to Marianne and company for all their support along the way.
Regards
Anton de Freitas
W2W Info
The goal of the Wines2Whales Pre-Ride was to give riders a taste of what can be expected during the much anticipated Contego Wines2Whales three-day mountain bike stage race, which will take place from 12 to 14 November 2010. This exciting event is already fully subscribed with a waiting list of more than 400 riders.
For more information on the Wines2Whales three day mountain bike stage race, please contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on (021) 883 – 2413 or e-mail info@stillwatersports.com or visit www.stillwatersports.com

