Morning,
In my quest for a little bit of extra knowledge I came across something that took me back to my school days. A discussion in class on of the great scientists of yesteryear and in particular Sir Isaac Newton. What a humble man in all his greatness, and I quote.” If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants” - 1675.
Well on to less serious matters. Took a trip to Bonnievale on Sat to see what that ride was all about. Small town was humming and the town per se completely taken over by the cycling fraternity. Beautiful little Dorp in amidst the vineyards and mountains.
Disaster for the Elites. Taken on the mountain bike route with about 20ks to go. They ended up on a gravel road that was difficult with MTBs never mind road bikes. To cut a long storie short the Elites event was cancelled amid much anger and frustration. Dit gaan nogal interesant wees om te sien wie gaan pa staan vir die storie.
Congrats to the two liefies who took first place in the mixed tandem section. (Marelize and Carl). If I am not mistaken this is the first ever that Wannabee riders have won an event. Wel gedaan!!
We saw a young rider with a Wannabee shirt … nice to see the youngsters out there in our kit.
The weekend was a tester for the standard training rides. Pretty strong wind on both Sat and Sunday but quite a few die-hards were out. Well done.
Three weeks to go for the DC. I’m led to believe by the manne that count, (as far as the racing sides go and our own “A” team) that this year is going to be a tester second to none. The last 60ks from about Bonnievale gaan erg wees om die minste te sê, and if the south easter is blowing, a little bit erger. So, don’t say u haven’t been warned. I trust that u are all prepared!!! Sure to Endure, ice, Cramp Stop, a little extra caffeine and one or two Boere rate of hoe??
Talking about caffeine – I see in this weeks’ Business Rapport that Elana van Tonder from Dulce Café at Waterstone Village, has won the South African Franchise Holder of 2007 award (not just Dulce’s) - no doubt with the help of the Wannabees supporting her! Well done Elana – we are proud of you!
Week 4/6 Recovery week
Mon 5/11 Active rest.
Tues 6/11 YZ 6 x 3min intervals West rd
Wed 7/11 Recovery ride. Small blade LSD and I mean LSD 1 x hr
Thurs 8/11 Waterworks BZ Rabbit Runs/Intervals.
Frid 9/11 Active recovery
Sat 10/11 Fun ride. 2/3 hrs LSD
Sun 11/11 ¾ hrs LSD
Don’t forget the BLOG: http://wanna-b-team.blogspot.com/index.html
Enjoy,
ek


