
Hallo All,
On Sunday morning, as per the norm I woke up at 4.30am, let the dogs in, made tea, had a rusk, looked at the weather and decided to get back into bed.
Race out at Paarl so we decided to shift/change/ bend our training schedule and rather see what the “Fun” riders were doing. Past many Wannabees on the R44 coming back, good to see and I would like to think that they all had coffee afterwards.
Got to the top of Helshoogte and waited for the leaders. Quite nice basking in the sun, doing nothing, and watching the cyclists straining to go over the top. Bly maar ‘n blikemmer die Helsehoogte.
Lead car coming , sirens going, motorbikes flashing lights etc and a breakaway leading by some 30 odd seconds. “Enjoying this commentary, are u?” Nearly feinted. Boetie with the breakaway -- about time!!
Rush to the car, something happening here, might cost me some money again. If a podium place, then I meet the prize money paid.
5ks to go and another breakaway. RK going for it. Must be the “SURE2ENDURE” kicking in or whatever. Plenty stuff to choose from, just stay legal of course. Taken out on the line but at least he’s back in town.
Well, for us ordinary mense we have a last week to go to the Argus before we start tapering. Last week went off well and I must admit I’m surprised by the fitness levels of everyone, especially if I see how the West Rd sessions are being done. Keep it up!!
Time to start Visualising that Argus race of yours. The planning, where u are going to make your mark, at what stage are u going to go with the next group coming past and making sure that u “CREAM” Suikerbossie. Not like last year when u misjudged the race and suffered badly there.
Hang in there!
Week 4/6
Mon 19/2 REST
Tues 20/2 West Rd YZ 11 x 3min intervals
Wed 21/2 Recovery Ride Small Blade 1hr
Thur 22/2 Waterworks 6 x 6min intervals BZ 70/80%
Frid 23/2 REST
Sat 24/2 Fun ride/ or 3/4hrs LSD
Sun 25/2 “
That’s all for now,
Ek.
PS: The Post Argus braai has been called off as well as the Breakfast ride.

