Hello Team
All that I can say is a very BIG well done on today's performance. Some of the riders pushed through some challenging times and you did it! Great Stuff!
Oh yes, Mr Chairman, before I forget, my team would like me to tell you what happened today and paste it all over the blog... oh well, I guess I am being a bit of a sucker for punishment. Well, to tell the truth, I rocked up without a helmet or gloves. When I discovered my mishap, I went into stress mode. Steve came around from between the cars and said, 'Mandy what is wrong?'. So I had to explain my little crises. So Steven then said, 'Well I have a spare set of gloves in the car.' I was to grateful to hear that. Then I had to make a plan really quickly. I raced off to the PPA office and told them that I had the biggest crises in the whole wide world and the lady said, 'I have a helmet'. It was like there was an angle looking after me. I was so grateful, even tough the helmet was a Pick'nPay special, it was the best thing I could have asked for. Thanks again to both parties that bailed me out. The ride was awesome.
Today ways a good test for the big day. The last two weeks has taught us how tough it can get out there. DC normally hits about 35 degrees with a bit of wind, and some BIG climbs at the end. Today taught us how important it is to stay hydrated, to keep encouraging each other and to look after each other. It was a great performance. Use the lessons learnt today and build on them. An example, today I struggled again with my juice getting hot and not tasting to good, which indicates that I need to make a plan for ice on the big day. Some of us struggled with sore feet and Steve's massage in the middle of the race made all the difference. The fine tuning now has to take place.
Oh yes, Andrew, please could you thank Mario and the Blue Guy, once again for all their help. They were great to ride with.
The next focus is building speed and leg work. The morning sessions are happening at 5:30 meeting at Water Stone on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please could as many of you as possible attend, as it builds speed, pushes the lactic threshold level and just makes us leaner and meaner.
On Tuesday, Eben and John have arranged for a speaker about lactic threshold ect, which was sent out on previous emails. It's at 6:30 at Bull's Eye Financial Services, behind the Total at the Mall. I am sure we can all come back with some more knowledge.
Happy Training
Mandy

