SuperSport.com News | Cycling

Tuesday, June 05, 2007






Hi all,

Listened to the distance rumble of thunder last night and wasn’t to sure if I was imagining things. Stoep se kant toe and what a spectacular sight awaited me. Thought for moment that I was back in the GOOD OLD TVL where this type of weather was pretty much the norm on the Highveld during the summer months.

Baie verlang na die goeie ou dae, mense , plekke en dinge. Yesteryear!

Busy and active w/end . SA champs up in Bloem with David George really showing the manne how to ride. Yes, he came 2nd but even Lange had to admit that he did nothing to help DG for 4 x 12k laps and then just sprinted for the finish. Eina!!!!!!!! Other than Lange who sat in his slip DG actually opened up a gap on the Microsoft team and still without a sponsor. Sad to say the least.

Vince Bergh did well coming in the top 10 in his cat. Still not to sure where RK finished in the Elite cat. I’m led to believe that he did finish the course though. Still waiting for the final results to come in.

I have had several queries re the availability of kit. We have had a meeting with Pieter and should have an answer in a week or two. Price, stock situation, etc.

According to Anton (finance director) the coffers have filled up admirably. Still one or two regulars who haven’t contributed, but what the hell. Should be enough to do a run of kit or something.

Attached is a mail from Dominic whom we all know pretty well. He is in London and appears to be OK.

Original Message-----From: dominic@webmail.co.za [mailto:dominic@webmail.co.za] Sent: 04 June 2007 08:59To: EKIS@vodamail.co.zaSubject: Re: Hi

Hello, Erna & Erill.

Thanks for the email, nice hearing from you. I do still receive your
newsletter through this account, though the last one I received was about
a week ago.

I am well, settling in slowly, I work for a small IT company not far from
where I live, lots of big clients based all over the place, so i regularly
drive in to London, which is a nightmare on its own, but not to worry,
keeps me busy. On the cycling side of things, I was given a old steel
framed MTB (no shocks)which isn’t the most stablest of bikes, came off it
twice in the few time i have ridden it, went out yesterday ( the sun was
out, so had to make the most of it)did a 50km ride, was knackered after
that, lost a bit of the fitness, which i could see by the Heart Rate
Monitor, which was about to pop a couple of springs, but i will be getting
a proper road bike next week, seen some nice ones, just got to decide what
one.

Hows the Wannabees doing, is the DC teams in place, training already? I do
miss the group & the rides myself, please send my regards to all.

Well let me dash, please keep the newsletter coming and drop me a line
when you have the time.

Thanking You

Dominic

Just remember everyone that the golden rule of being on the road is :KEEP TO THE LEFT AT ALL TIMES.

Regards
ek