
Morning,
What a brilliant day yesterdays Argus turned out to be. One could not have asked or wished for better conditions and weather.
Well, I was pretty sceptical going into this one for various reasons and of course Murfy(Murphy) played his part with me at number 99 going into the start chute, but other than that everything went off according to plan.
Many thanks for all the calls and SMSs received before the race and afterwards.
In all the years that we have been involved with training and the Argus I have never had such positive feed back with regards to results.
Virtually without exception it would appear that all had PBs and that is awesome to say the least. I don’t have all the results yet but from Ronnie (being the oldest Wannabee I think—who rode a 3hrs 32m at plus 70) to Tony Owen who although suffering from a nasal/chest infection rode a PB and Alie as well. To Jenny, Wendy, Mandy, Ina and Lourene, Sanette/Henry (all sub 4hrs), Jack Ack who once again cracked a sub 3hrs, young Wynand at 15 doing a sub 3hr ride and and and…. I have left many out I suppose, but will cover them when I get the results. Petie who did a 3hrs and some secs. How close can one get? Anton on his MTB bike and LOVED it. Well done to Dom, Allister and Desray (sy wat so baie gekla het en nie fiks was nie het die hele tyd op my agterent gesit.)
The weeks morning rides have come to an end and the week/end rides start time will as from now be at 6.30am.
On the down side several had to withdraw because of illness one of those being Anton. Next time my man.
Ryan had to withdraw from the Giro on Fridays Vissershok Stage due to bad planning on my part and mechanical problems. N duur les om te leer. So much time, effort and money goes into the preparation of certain events en ai dis hartseer vir almal, ongeag waarin jy deelneem. BUT VASBYT. Next Year!!!!!
Don’t forget to go into the Wannabee Blog.
Go well and once again many thanks,
Erna en ek.

