SuperSport.com News | Cycling

Monday, August 27, 2007






Greetings,

A pretty hectic past week. Attended quite a few meetings with regards to school cycling, training, VO2max tests and, with regards to us “the Wannabees”, definening, and putting plans in place, (hopefully exciting) for the year ahead of us. Still confused though!!

Pretty busy w/end as well. Good turnouts again.

Woke-up yesterday rather late-ish. Wasn’t going to make the group so on the spur of the moment Erna and I decided to shoot out to Westlake and possibly join up with Cyclelab. Nobody around. Must have started earlier than I thought.

Wind not up yet so we went up Ou Kaapse Weg, turned left at the main intersection towards Fishhoek, around the coast into KalkBay, up Boyes Drive and back to Westlake. Beautiful ride. Something different. Only 30ks and took us an hour and twenty min. Pretty testing I might add and then of course breakfast. Back in town just after 11.00am.

Maybe we should contemplate slotting an away ride now and then. Think about it. Maybe we can discuss it at the INFO Meeting next Monday, 3rd September, @ 6.30pm at the Methodist Church. Moenie vergeet nie.

On Sat we also had the Bredell circuit rd race take place at midday “Falcon Sports and WP run”. Excellent turnout with several juniors from this area competing and just about all the Elites pitching. Many thanks to those who came and supported the race. I’m sure u enjoyed it as much as I did.

Well u don’t get them much Tougher than our good friend Henri Meier. Not that long ago that he had a bad fall with pretty severe injuries and here he is back on his bike again. Withdrawal symptoms were getting to him so he just had to get going again. Good to have u back. Tread (cycle) gently Henri!!.

Have a great week.
Ek.